Sponsor an ISEP Conference
Institutions and organizations are invited to join in the hosting and/or sponsoring of the annual professional meetings of the International Society for Educational Planning (ISEP). Partnering with ISEP can benefit an organization’s members, constituents, and stakeholders by utilizing the resources, expertise, and experiences of ISEP, an established professional organization. And ISEP benefits from such an arrangement with the involvement of talented people, new ideas, and contacts that reflect our commitment to global dialogue and professional development.
In convening our more than 50 past annual conferences, we have had universities, public school districts, private firms, non-profit organizations, governmental bodies, and other entities serve as hosts and/or co-sponsors. This support of ISEP’s conferences contributes immensely to the value of the international gathering of professionals and students engaged in the many facets of educational planning, development, programming, research, and policymaking that our organization embodies.
Contributions that our partners make vary with their interests and means. They may be honorific and nominal in nature; the provision of in-kind services; providing gifts to conference attendees (e.g., organizational paraphernalia); or material, technical or financial contributions. Our conferences are held in countries around the world, so local hosts provide invaluable expertise about their area.
ISEP conferences, once only in-person, are evolving into virtual and hybrid events, utilizing technologies and methods developed in response to the covid pandemic. Our in-person conferences will resume once we are beyond the coronavirus pandemic, but with the advent of technology-based meetings, these can be complemented with digital participation.
With in-person meetings, partners can:
- Provide in-kind contributions such as use of facilities and space, the services of staff in the coordination of conference logistics. recommendations for or referrals of local and national figures who could serve as keynote speakers;
- Arrange for local officials to greet and welcome the international body to their locale.
- Identify local sites of professional interests (innovative or experimental programs); of cultural/historic significance; of natural beauty, and the like.
- Make recommendations about local matters – lodging, dining, shopping, sight-seeing, cultural and social etiquette, etc.
Whether with in-person meetings or a digital gathering, partners could make major contributions:
- By publicizing the conference to people in their institution, constituents in their geographic regions, through their social networks and contacts, and in neighboring countries;
- By publicizing the attendant resources of the Society, e.g., its peer-reviewed journal, the Educational Planning); professional network networking opportunities);
- By encouraging and supporting participation. This can be done by submission of proposals for presentations and papers for publication consideration in the journal (Educational Planning); by registration for the conference; by nominating candidates for the ISEP Outstanding Dissertation Award.
Institutions may sponsor their staff, students, and others at conferences through paid registrations. Again, members of an institution may wish to submit proposals for presentations. Others may register for the conference to learn of practices and developments in other countries. The publications of ISEP may be an outlet for the scholarship and research of professionals and students.
Sponsoring ISEP conferences provides an opportunity for organizations to expand their reach and recognition to other audiences.
Sponsor Proposal Guidelines and Submission Information
ISEP accepts sponsor proposals on a rolling basis. Proposals should include a description of an institutions commitment.
Please include the following information with your sponsor proposal submission and send submissions to Edplanning.email@example.com.
- Sponsor Institution
- Contact Information (Name, Email address, Current Position)
- Desired Sponsorship (1 page)
- Commitment of Funds
- Commitment of Time
- Commitment of Resources
- Commitment of Registrants